European Writing Centers Association
The mission of EWCA is to integrate universities in Europe into a framework for exchanging ideas and establishing an infrastructure for Writing Center goals, practice and scholarly research.
EWCA is a regional affiliate of the International Writing Centers Association (IWCA). As EWCA was the first regional affiliate to be added outside of US borders, its formation and recognition contributed to the US-based National Writing Centers Association (NWCA) changing its name to IWCA (International Writing Centers Association) and expanding its focus to foster writing center work across the globe. Hence EWCA’s mission is to solicit engagement with institutions and individuals interested in the interactive and collaborative work of Writing Centers everywhere.
EWCA strives to connect all those interested and involved in Writing Center pedagogy, theory and practice: teachers, researchers, administrators, tutors and peer tutors. Our goals and mission include:
- Linking Writing Center practitioners through biennial retreats and conferences, publications, the EWCA listserv and website and other means
- Advancing the significance of Writing Centers in our ever growing Europe and beyond, encouraging institutions and administrators of the value of Writing Centers
- Promoting European scholarship in the field of Writing Center theory by collaborating on shared research projects
- Offering exchange experiences among peer tutors throughout Europe and internationally
- Supporting the development, expansion and sustainability of peer tutoring.